ADSM-L

Re: SV: Backing up MySQL question

2005-06-02 16:16:13
Subject: Re: SV: Backing up MySQL question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:59:55 -0700
I have no first-hand knowledge of why we do not have a MySQL agent. But I
can make a general comment:

Just because it is "open source" does not mean that it is guaranteed that
IBM will support it. There has to be a sufficient market for the item to
justify (a) the expenditure of the necessary resources necessary to
develop and test the item, and (b) the prioritization of that item over
the many thousands of other requirements that we have.

I would recommend that anyone interested in this item should open a formal
requirement with IBM. While there are never any guarantees that opening a
requirement will ensure fulfillment, the more customers we see interested
in a given requirement, the more attention it is likely to receive.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-06-02
07:38:07: