ADSM-L

How can I determine what was running at the time of an out of log space situation?

2005-06-02 10:56:11
Subject: How can I determine what was running at the time of an out of log space situation?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:55:48 -0500
We've historically run with a maximum percentage used in the low 70s --
72 to 74 per cent. I've now had two occasions where I hit 100% used and
had sessions refused and operations aborted; the second after increasing
the log space by 15%.

What's the easiest method of determining what was trying to run when I
ran out of log space? I'd like to see if I've got something
mis-configured that pinned the log.

We do not run in roll-forward mode, and there was no volume recovery
running at the time. Other than that . . . both times were during our
10:00 PM to 1:00 AM peak backup period.

TIA

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc