ADSM-L

Re: Problems with Image restore for Windows 2003 server

2005-05-25 10:52:57
Subject: Re: Problems with Image restore for Windows 2003 server
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:51:27 -0400
We could use more details, such as the restoral command (where
bringing back Inactive files can elevate requirements), and file
system types. But this may be the circumstance outlined in that
helpful client Readme file:

    - Restoring a NTFS filesystem to a FAT32-formatted volume of the
same size
      may fail with the error ANS1165E "Destination is smaller than
source".
      It is recommended that the destination volume be raw (not
formatted) or
      formatted with the same type of the filesystem as the original
one.
      E.g. to restore a NTFS image the destination volume should not be
      FAT32-formatted.

  Richard Sims