ADSM-L

Another SNMP Question (TSM 5.2.4 AIX 5.2)

2005-05-25 10:23:15
Subject: Another SNMP Question (TSM 5.2.4 AIX 5.2)
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:23:07 -0500
We are looking at using the SNMP ability of TSM, but in the Configure
Information (below) it states to use SNMP for TSM the Receiver Trap
system has to be AIX Win or OS2?  Maybe I'm missing something.. Does
this mean that if our SNMP Receiver systems is Sun we can not use SNMP
to monitor TSM events?  I search the user list but couldn't find
anything.

1. Modify the server options file to specify the SNMP communication
method. Figure 67 displays an example of a SNMP communication method
setting in the server options file. You must specify the COMMMETHOD and
SNMPSUBAGENT options. The SNMPSUBAGENT option must specify a host that
is an AIX, Windows, or OS/2(r) system with a DPI-enabled SNMP agent,
such as the SystemView(r) agent. For details about server options, see
the server options section in Administrator's Reference.

Thanks for the input!