ADSM-L

querying files of nondefault client

2005-05-24 10:48:06
Subject: querying files of nondefault client
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:46:35 -0400
I'm still at at  a loss as to how to query files for the SQL-BACKTRACK
client on windows.

- We have 2 clients on some Windows servesr. One is the standard TSM
client, the 2nd is the client for SQL-BACKTRACK.

- When the command line is invoked it comes up as the standard TSM
client, which does not have access to info about the
backups for the SQL-BACKTRACK client.

- There does not appear to be a way to invoke dsmc as the SQL-BACKTRACK
client

- Since I can't get to a command line as the SQL-BACKTRACK client, I
cannot do a set access to allow the other
client on the node to query files backed up by the SQL-BACKTRACK client
using the fromnode option.

Any suggestions?