ADSM-L

DR Scenario - DR Drill

2005-05-23 13:26:14
Subject: DR Scenario - DR Drill
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:25:11 +0500
Dear All,
I am running TSM 5.2.3 on Windows 2003 and here is what i want to check before
any of the disaster strike.
I am using LTO II 3582 library connected via FC SAN.

What I want:
I want to create test setup in which TSM server is on desktop and the servers
that need to be restored are on the same hardware (IBM 346 servers) as original
ones.
I want to keep testing my DR tapes and backed up data's authenticity. I am going
to perform this drill every month.

   * A DR TSM Server that will have 1 LTO II tape drive attached to it via SCSI
     controller
        o Question:
        o     Can this machine be a desktop because i don't know if LTO II drive
          would work fine on this desktop?
             +     My management says you would put on too much amount to check
               your DR scenario if you are going to purchase the same server
               (346) for TSM server.
             + So I have come to this solution as to put my TSM Server on
               desktop and the rest of the servers to be restored on the same
               hardware (346)

In a month or so I will be moving to TSM 5.3.

Plesae enlighten me !

Sandra