ADSM-L

Re: Node parameters

2005-05-20 00:02:50
Subject: Re: Node parameters
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:35:09 -0400
While looking at this question I am observing something kinda of
interesting.
I notice that  for nodes tcp_name are in lower case for UNIX machines and
UPPER CASE for Windows platform when I issue this select statement:

select node_name,tcp_address,tcp_name,platform_name from nodes

The value for tcp_name does not appear to be depended on the
dsm.sys/dsm.opt.
Anyone else seeing samething I am seeing?

Sung Y. Lee

             "Warren, Matthew
             (Retail)"
             <Matthew.Warren@P                                          To
             OWERGEN.CO.UK>            ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         Re: Node parameters
             .EDU>

             05/17/2005 11:58
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Ahh, I see.

One is the information as presented from the client last time it
contacted TSM. (TCP/IP name / address)

The other is the information TSM will use when it attempts to contact
the client. (hl_address / ll_address)