ADSM-L

Re: Regarding TSM db and log mirroring

2005-05-19 08:39:38
Subject: Re: Regarding TSM db and log mirroring
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:38:38 -0400
On May 19, 2005, at 4:44 AM, Farren Minns wrote:

Hi all

I have a question regarding TSM database and log mirroring. I
already use
this approach but am unsure what the effects would be if we were to
lose
one of our disks ( i.e. one side of the mirror is broken ). How
does TSM
cope with this? Does it keep running? What are the steps required
to fix a
broken mirror etc?

Hi, Farren -

Now, what kind of enterprise product would TSM be if it didn't keep
running when a mirrored volume failed? :-)

Loss of a mirror is, unfortunately, very easy to miss, and is often
discovered only when the administrator happens to do Query DBVolume
or Query LOGVolume. Consider implementing server monitoring measures
to react to failure messages (ANR0203W, ANR0204W, ANR0205W, et al).

Recovery is documented in the Admin Guide topic "Restoring Your
Server Using Mirrored Volumes".

   Richard Sims