ADSM-L

Re: Question about connection between nodes to management classes

2005-05-17 11:41:05
Subject: Re: Question about connection between nodes to management classes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:19:53 -0400
Robert -

You're having trouble with this because the premise is invalid: Nodes
are not associated with management classes. It is file system objects
which are associated with management classes, via default rules and
explicit choices made in the Include-Exclude list and certain options
such as DIRMc and ARCHmc. Files and directories originating from a
given node can end up in a variety of management classes over time.
You can sample the Backups table's CLASS_NAME column, but the volume
of data can make that prohibitive.

   Richard Sims