ADSM-L

GUI-client 5.3 under FreeBSD 5.4 - any?

2005-05-17 10:10:56
Subject: GUI-client 5.3 under FreeBSD 5.4 - any?
From: Ewald Jenisch <a AT JENISCH DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:02:59 +0200
Hi,

After getting the commandline-version of the TSM Linux client 5.3 (aka
"dsmc") sucessfully running under FreeBSD 5.4 I tried getting the
GUI-client up&running - but to no extent.

I was able to successfully set up the environment in order for the
Java client to start (with TSM 5.3 the GUI-client no longer is a
standalone program, but a Java-client).

The GUI-client comes up with the splash-screen, then presents a window
where I can select the usual "backup", "restore", "archive",
"retrieve" buttons, but as soon as I click on any of these the client
dies with the following messages:

"Unknown system error. Please check the TSM Error Log for any
additional information"
"ANS5179E TSM is unable to continue. Exiting program"

the dsmj.log contains the following messages:
        IMBase (Constructor): dsmagent is terminated with ret: 127
        dsmagent is terminated with rc : 383 -> Unknown system error.
        Please check the TSM Error Log for any additional information
        IMBase (Constructor): dsmagent is terminated with rc : 383

Does anybody out there know what these messages acually mean?

Has anybody out there managed to get the TSM 5.3 Linux client
(GUI-version) running under FreeBSD 5.4?

Thanks much in advance for your help,
-ewald