ADSM-L

Re: Scratch tape questions

2005-05-13 12:45:24
Subject: Re: Scratch tape questions
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:42:00 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Dave Zarnoch
>1 - How do I know if there are any tapes at the offsite
>storage that should be onsite and be available for scratch?

The only way to do this is to periodically create a volume list by
running

  query drmedia * wherestate=vault

and comparing that list to what is contained in the vault. Proper use of
the MOVE DRMEDIA command will minimize the "orphan"ing of tape volumes.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
Office 262.521.5627