ADSM-L

Re: Novell Groupwise ONline backup

2005-05-11 14:26:34
Subject: Re: Novell Groupwise ONline backup
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:23:48 -0500
If you're running St. Bernard OFM, why do the /enablegw=yes tsa switch?  Have
you tried updating to the newest version of St. Bernard?  Also, there's a
setting in the agent for how big of an initlal cache you want ofm to use.
Sometimes that has to be made bigger, if OFM has trouble growing the cache fast
enough from a smaller value.

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> cheikel AT PSU DOT EDU 5/11/2005 7:50:50 AM >>>
I am running St. Bernard's ofm, which in the past I have always
recommended. But alas, I am now in the deep **** as I am having a
problem. The thing that bothers me though, is that I am running the new
tsafs (6.50.11) and I am still getting failures on open files. I load it
as follows: load tsafs /nochachingmode /enablegw=yes. Any ideas from the
group?

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended
for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law. Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty. If you have received this transmission in error, please reply
to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from
your system immediately.

>>> FHG AT KMD DOT DK 05/11/05 8:23 AM >>>
Hi Mario

You do not need a Third-party product anymore... at least not if you
are using the TSAFS.NLM!

If you check the documentation for TSAFS.NLM/or the /help you will
find, that there exists a startup switch; /EnableGW=yes - with this
switch you will get the same functionality as with GWTSA.NLM... and it
works - just be careful with the version of TSAFS.NLM!

So today I would never use St.Bernard due to the fact, that it is
unsurported by Tivoli & Novell! That'll say any problems equals deep
shit!

Best regards
Flemming

www.kmd.dk www.kundenet.kmd.dk www.eboks.dk www.civitas.dk
www.netborger.dk

Hvis du har modtaget denne mail ved en fejl vil jeg gerne, at du
informerer mig og sletter den.
KMD skaber it-services, der fremmer effektivitet hos det offentlige,
erhvervslivet og borgerne.

If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify me and delete it.
Thank you.
Our mission is to enhance the efficiency of the public sector and
improve its service of the general public.

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.