ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 better on windows2000 or AIX

2005-05-11 11:27:08
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 better on windows2000 or AIX
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:25:02 +0200
Hi Luc,

I dont know about and white papers but I think many people on the list will
answer AIX.... Well, I´m a Windows guy but I wont argue with I/0 on Win vs
Aix....... :p
Does anyone at your shop know AIX or not, maintenance is bit easier if you
know you OS etc.

I saw your earlier postings about performance problem on Windows. But I
didnt read anything about What and When things are too slow and give you
performance problems.

Can you give us more details?? It can save you from a time consuming
export/import process if you change OS....................

You should be able to at least handle 700GB of daily backups from 50 nodes
on w2k3 server with 9 slow (DLT) drives.

//Henrik

                    Luc Beaudoin

                    <lbeaudoi AT IS DOT JGH.        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    MCGILL.CA>               cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)

                    Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     TSM 5.3   better on
windows2000 or AIX
                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    .EDU>

                    11.05.2005 15:53

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Hi all

I'm about to upgrade my TSM server (win2000)ver 5.2.0.2 ...

Is there a white paper that compare the performance between TSM 5.3 on AIX
, WIN2K or WIN2003

Or someone tested it ...

Thanks

Luc