ADSM-L

Move Data

2005-05-11 10:26:48
Subject: Move Data
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:26:02 +0100
Hi,

My plan to speed up copytapepool reclamation is :-

1) to use MOVE DATA  "overnight_copy_pool_tape"  STG=COPYTAPEPOOL
    after checkin the copy pool tape and updating access to read only.
   This tapeis  to  end up in the vault soon after the MOVE is complete.

2) UPDATE STG COPYTAPEPOOL RECL=nn

 However I noticed that the MOVE DATA doesn't  always use the checked in
copy pool tape  directly.
It first uses the  cached data on the diskpools(which is ok),  then the
various primary pool  tapes !
This can take a  long while as the copy pool tape also contains data
reclaimed the day before.

 If I kill the MOVE DATA  when a primary pool  tape is being used, then
restart it, the checked in
 copy tape pool is then used.

Is there a way of forcing the checked in copy pool tape to be used instead
of the primary pool tapes ?

TSM Server 5.2.2.0
Backup/Archive client 5.2.3.1

Thanks.