ADSM-L

Re: Keeping Disk Copies of Files - Storage Pool Cache or ????

2005-05-10 12:16:13
Subject: Re: Keeping Disk Copies of Files - Storage Pool Cache or ????
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:12:14 +0200
Hi,

In our setup we are using disk caching. The only time we are seeing
performance issues is when a large backup is overloading the disk pool
multiple times in one backup window due to unscheduled full back-ups.

When the disk pool is of sufficient size to hold at least one backup run
and your backup server isn't at its max performance capacity, you can
easily turn caching on (and off if you run into performance problems).

The other thing we do, is migration as a last step in de daily
processes. We run a script that:
1st) backup diskp > copyp;
2e) backup tapep > copyp;
Last) migration.