ADSM-L

Re: TSM/Veritas on the same library

2005-05-06 23:55:00
Subject: Re: TSM/Veritas on the same library
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 13:53:21 +1000
I've gotta ask Geoff,

Why, with a 3494 and LTO library would you move TSM to LTO? My first option
would be to move veritas to the 3494.

3494 is industrial strength and plays well in multi host and multi
application environments.  Use 3592 drives and you'll have capacity to burn.
Also,  second-hand frames to provide additional storage are quite
economical.  Second-hand is viable here - what can go wrong with a dumb
storage rack? and you'll have no trouble getting IBM maintenance coverage
for it if that is important to you.

Regards

Steve.

Steve Harris