ADSM-L

Re: Operational Hourly Monitors

2005-05-06 09:07:37
Subject: Re: Operational Hourly Monitors
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:05:55 -0400
If you go in and look at some of the queries already defined by Tivoli in the
default hourly monitor it shows that the SQL WHERE
clause compares the date/times "BETWEEN '%s" and '%s'" . I've used this syntax
in my own queries and it works fine. I've never found
any documentation on it, just a little reverse engineering. Since you can
refresh the monitor on either the current time or the
scheduled time, I'm going to assume the the %s's are calculated as NOW-1hour
and NOW.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??