ADSM-L

Operational Hourly Monitors

2005-05-05 20:27:31
Subject: Operational Hourly Monitors
From: Michael LaFrance <MLafrance AT PROSPERACREDITUNION DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 17:09:51 -0700
I'm trying to set up an operational monitor that will alert our TSM
operators that a tape is required from a "shelf" location. The shelf is
where the archive tapes are stored and they are required from time to time
for collocation.

The hourly script will check the activity log for ANR8765I. My problem is
setting the query to only search the last hour of the activity log. I can
make it check the previous day but am stumped by this "past hour" report.

Here is my TSQL script:
select msgno, message from actlog where msgno=8765 and
date(date_time)=current_date - 1 day

I've tried to adjust this script to query just the last hour of the activity
log but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mike LaFrance
Network Analyst
Prospera Credit Union
Tel 604-864-6638 Fax 604-850-3473
mlafrance AT prosperacreditunion DOT ca

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed.
If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you receive
this email in error, please immediately notify the sender.

Please note that this financial institution neither accepts nor discloses
confidential member account information via email. This includes password
related inquiries, financial transaction instructions and address changes.