ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 and the good-old WEBadmin good news

2005-05-04 22:28:13
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 and the good-old WEBadmin good news
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 19:26:20 -0700
Try

dsmserv runfile c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\server\windows.idl

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-0452

TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
2005-05-04 19:18
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: TSM 5.3 and the good-old WEBadmin good news

Has someone tried to install the new GUI on the Windows.  I extraced the
files just like the readme said.  From the C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\Server\ folder I ran the following and got the following
error:

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\server>dsmserv runfile windows.idl
ANR0900I Processing options file c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\server1\dsmserv.o-
pt.
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 04:04:18 on Mar 29 2005.
Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows
Version 5, Release 3, Level 1.0
Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2004.
All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.
ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR8550E Error opening windows.idl.

Here is dir to show that it exists:

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\server>dir *.idl
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 2825-0BFF
 Directory of C:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\server
06/21/2004  12:01 PM           426,407 aix.idl
12/01/2004  10:50 AM           408,548 hp.idl
06/21/2004  12:01 PM           388,596 linux.idl
12/01/2004  10:56 AM           413,580 sun.idl
06/21/2004  12:01 PM           431,571 windows.idl
               5 File(s)      2,068,702 bytes
               0 Dir(s)   1,675,472,896 bytes free

If someone gets it to work let us know

Richard van
Denzel To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
LTN.NL> Subject: TSM 5.3 and the
good-old WEBadmin good news
Sent by:
"ADSM: Dist
Stor Manager"
RIST.EDU>

04.05.2005
11:59
Please
respond to
"ADSM: Dist
Stor Manager"

All,

You can download files from
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/tools (for
unix (AIX, HP, Linux and Sun) and Windows) to enable the good-old
WEBadmin
in TSM 5.3 (see the README on the FTP site for details). They state that
it will work for at least 6 months or upt March 2006.

Tears were running from my eyes ;-) when I saw the WEBadmin again
working
on a 5.3 server..........

Cheers,

Richard.

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of
the
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete
this message.
Thank you.

by those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact us, delete the message from your computer and
destroy any copies. Any distribution or copying without our prior
permission is prohibited.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore Powergen
Retail Limited does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The
recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on
the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Powergen Retail Limited.

Registered addresses:

Powergen Retail Limited, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry,
CV4 8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432