ADSM-L

Re: Best OS for a TSM server

2005-05-03 11:26:17
Subject: Re: Best OS for a TSM server
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:25:51 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Luc Beaudoin
>I have a TSM server on a WIN2K server .... I have some
>performance issue,
>I suspect that maybe Windows 2000 can be a cause ....
>
>Is there a difference if TSM is installed on a AIX box ...  or
>another OS

There is nothing per se better about Windows as far as TSM alone is
concerned; functionalities are almost identical.

The difference is in the hardware. IBM's pSeries hardware is *far* more
robust and configurable than Intel-based hardware. I/O, memory,
processors--almost every resource will give greater performance, hands
down.

This naturally means you'll pay a lot more for a IBM pSeries server than
you will for a comparably equipped Intel server.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
Office 262.521.5627