ADSM-L

Re: Accept Date

2005-05-03 07:39:55
Subject: Re: Accept Date
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 07:39:32 -0400
On May 3, 2005, at 6:31 AM, Warren, Matthew (Retail) wrote:

Hello *SM'ers,

   We have an AIX 5.2.0.0 server that believes the time is 11:25. This
is correct.

   TSM 5.2.2.3 running on that machine believes it is 10:25.

Is there a way to force TSM's date to the same as the system date? I
have tried ACCEPT DATE, but although TSM reports the system date has
been accepted, it stays at 10:25 on the TSM server.

I have checked the value of the 'TZ' enviironment variable, it is set
'GMT0BST'

Just to verify, first...
The TSM server time you are seeing is from SHow TIME?
The TZ environment variable was checked via 'ps eww <PID>' for the
running process?
(I would expect a problem like this where the TSM server process had
been started a long time ago, when a different TZ spec was in effect.)

You may have to try restarting the server.

FWIW, I'm running 5.2.4.0 and the time is correct, including a Daylight
Savings Time transition. In the distant past, this one-hour-off problem
had occurred in ADSM 3.1, but I haven't heard of a recurrence of late,
and a quick search didn't turn up a hit.

   Richard Sims