ADSM-L

Re: AIX 5.2 Advantages and benefits

2005-05-01 06:55:32
Subject: Re: AIX 5.2 Advantages and benefits
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 06:55:10 -0400
On May 1, 2005, at 12:45 AM, Saad-Al, Mohammed Ahmed wrote:

Dear all,

Few months back our TSM consultant recommended or required us to
upgrade
to TSM 5.2 since we face problems with terminated schedules. Although
the new enhancements are not fully utilized. Now they (IBM)
recommending
us to upgrade to
___________________________________________________________???

I am looking for a document or a web page that explains what 5.2 has of
advantages and benefits that I can apply in my work environment without
moving to 5.3.

I am considering 5.2 is sufficient to our work and needs. Unless there
is something that is creating problems and 5.3 is the answer.

Any help TSMers?

Sure, even on Sunday...
- The front of each manual contains a Technical Changes summary which
  summarizes high points of client and server evolution.
- The TSM Technical Guide redbooks are excellent in going over new
features
  in each new TSM version/release.
- IBM web pages summarize new features...

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/storage-mgr/
enhancements-v5.2.html

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/storage-mgr/
enhancements-v5.3.html
   (Note that this 5.3 page fails to mention the Java GUI.
    The 5.3 Technical Guide does cover it, however.)

5.2->5.3 is a much greater change than 5.1->5.2 was, so you would need
to carefully gauge the impact on your user community in jumping to 5.3.

  Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs