ADSM-L

Re: Damaged Label on 3590J

2005-04-29 09:01:28
Subject: Re: Damaged Label on 3590J
From: David Nicholson <David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:00:54 -0400
Hi Rich!

        Yes...it's TSM and Yes TSM rejects the tape. It is interesting to
me that it also results in a "Intervention" on my 3494 Library that
specifies a damaged internal label...but that is beside the point (I guess
you can chalk one up for the LMCP driver).

        Anyway....I was thinking that any kind of an attempt to re-write
the label would result in the tapes data being lost and you pretty much
confirmed that is the case.

        Would you have any suggestions for using the AIX 5.3 tape util to
copy this to another cartridge?

Dave

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
04/29/2005 08:35 AM