ADSM-L

DR TEST PREP Question

2005-04-27 12:28:42
Subject: DR TEST PREP Question
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:29:14 -0500
We are going to have a DR TEST here in the next few weeks.
I have just been informed that the library at the hotsite that we will
be using is a ADIC Library
We have a 3584 Library in house with 8 LTO Drives and 250 slots
(roughly)
The ADIC Library has 6 LTO Drives and 300+ slots.
I am running TSM 5.2.2 on an AIX 5.1 server.
Other than the obvious difference in the number of drives is there
anything else that I should be weary of with this or any configuration
changes I should take note of.
I heard something about the 6 didgit to 8 didgit barcode reads.
Currently TSM is configured to read 6 didgits. Should I be concerned
about this?
Any help you can give would be great.
Thanks,
Andrew