ADSM-L

Tape Drive Confusion

2005-04-25 15:14:33
Subject: Tape Drive Confusion
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:14:54 -0500
Configuration:
TSM V 5.2
OS = Aix 5.1
3584 Library (latest Firmware)
2 Fibre Switches (4 LTO GEN 1 Drives Each)
8 LTO GEN 1 Drives
2 Fibre Cards
Switch 1 (Drives 1234)
Switch 2 (Drives 5678)

I just recently Added 2 new LTO Tape Drives to my 3584 Library. In doing
this I had to add a new switch and decided to split the load on the
switches to help throughput. In doing this I had to delay my backup
stgpool jobs so that is currently running. In order to catch up on time
I thought why not use the new drives.
I Issued the command backup stg (Onsite Tape Pool) (Offsite Tape Pool)
maxpr=3.

Now the backup is running really slow if the process has tapes mounted
on switch 1 and 2. If they are on the same switch they run fine.
Am I missing some type of configuration here or something?
Please assist as I was sold this as being a faster solution and then
sold it to my Sup's as a faster solution.
If more info is needed please let me know.
Thanks in Advance,
Andrew

immediately.

Thank you.