ADSM-L

Exchange restore failing

2005-04-18 17:29:33
Subject: Exchange restore failing
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:29:08 -0500
Ok, I am a little lost.

We did restores of Exchange 5.5 Ok.  Now I need to restore an Exchange
2003 mail store to a different exchange 2003 server.  Does anyone have a
cookbook (or even a nice way to say RTFM and I will be glad to read the
fine manual, but what I have read sofar, leaves me cold.)

I put the restore - from server name in the dsm.opt in the TDP for
Exchange directory, and start up the restore client (5.1).  It allows me
to select what I want, and then I get a message with the ACN5798E.  It
says, go check the Windows Event Logs.

In the windows event logs, I get: "Failed to find database to restore
the Microsoft Active Directory Storage Group specified in the backup
media is (lots of hex digits).  Database specified is backup media is
Users G-L, error is 0xc7fe1f42 ... To check that I go to the Microsoft
web side (it has event id 9635 for Exchange.  This gives the same
message text.

Any help is appreciated.  I am sure I am just not seeing it. ... Jack