ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: Programmes Guide

2005-04-14 17:01:24
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Programmes Guide
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:01:01 -0700
Len, I do not know what the system exit is (it's been well over a decade
since I've written an exit -- on MVS -- and all that stuff is "paged out"
of memory :-) But if that would be sufficient (not sure you'd be able to
tell for what operation the tape was being requested), then maybe that's
the place to look.

Through the admin console, (a) how would you know for sure when a restore
is occurring, and (b) what messages would you look for, and by then, would
it be too late to the pre-fetch processing that Karin mentioned? With a
hypothetical exit, you'd be able to do pre-fetch processing *before* the
operation began.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-04-14
13:30:37: