ADSM-L

Netware cluster logfile path issue

2005-04-14 14:05:20
Subject: Netware cluster logfile path issue
From: Kathleen Hallahan <Kathleen_Hallahan AT FREDDIEMAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:05:00 -0400
We are implementing cluster node support for the backups of our Netware
clusters for the first time in our environment.  Yesterday in testing, we
ran across a problem that I'm hoping is just myself and the netware admin
getting the syntax wrong.  While the failover works fine, and the dsmcad
starts appropriately and reads the correct optfile, for some reason we
cannot get the password and error/sched logs to be accessed properly.
Consequently, the admin gets prompted for a password every time a back
tries to start, and nothing gets written to the logs.  We got around the
password issue temporarily by setting the pasworddir to a location in
SYSOPS:, but that of course will only work when the clustered volume is
mounted on that local node.  We tried at least a half-dozen different
syntaxes for the path names, but to no avail.  We even tried putting
everything in the same location as the optfile.  Can someone who's using
this feature tell me what they're using for schedlogname/errorlogname and
passworddir so I can compare?

TSM client is 5.2.2.9
Netware version is 5.1.

Thanks!