ADSM-L

Re: Compatibility LTO2/LTO3

2005-04-14 12:33:49
Subject: Re: Compatibility LTO2/LTO3
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:33:22 -0500
So you are asking "Can a LTO2 drive read a LTO2 cartridge written in
LTO2 format"?

The answer is it should work! (Perhaps if these are different vendor
drives there could be problems?)

We have something similar working - we have 3 LTO1 drives and 1 LTO2
drive in the same library using all LTO1 media.  The LTO2 drive is
writing in LTO1 format.  The LTO1 drives are able to read (and write)
tapes written in LTO1 format from the LTO2 drive.