ADSM-L

TDP Oracle not finishing

2005-04-13 14:45:04
Subject: TDP Oracle not finishing
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:36:48 -0500
TDP 2.2.0.2 for Oracle on Sun will not complete scheduled backup and no info
in logs.

The RMAN script runs through all 20 or so database but when ran through the
TSM scheduler it only processes whatever the number of databases in
filesperset setting in the backup_tape.script is set to. if I have
filesperset 5, it will process only 5, if 3 then only 3.

After it processes the first set it just hangs, but only through the
scheduler. When the RMAN script is launched by TSM. Nothing documented in
any of the logs. I just upgraded to 2.2.0.2 from 2.2.0 last night to try as
a fix but no luck.

This used to work, it's been working for years. Then we had a unwanted
shutdown and things haven't been the same since.

This is the same node that I had to recreate on the server side to get ride
of the "password expired" message. Things look to be working but it
eventually time out. The server shows the session and the bytes transferring
until it stops.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark Bertrand