ADSM-L

Re: 3583 firmware upgrade failed.

2005-04-11 07:22:04
Subject: Re: 3583 firmware upgrade failed.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:21:10 -0400
Hi, Mark -

FWIW, I found a seeming better set of instructions on the IBM web site:
"Updating Scalable Tape Library Firmware"  which addresses the 3583
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ssg1S1001315 .
Don't know that it can get you out of the current predicament.
As a last resort I would pull the plug on the library and let it sit
without power for at least a few minutes, then power up and see if that
gets it out of the funk.

   Richard Sims