ADSM-L

v5.3.1.0 server on AIX 5.1

2005-04-07 14:05:18
Subject: v5.3.1.0 server on AIX 5.1
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <gretchen AT PRINCETON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:04:58 -0400
Is anybody experiencing a 'freeze up' on v5.3.1.0? I'm running AIX 5.1
with all of the requisite updated libraries. Not doing anything out of
the ordinary when the server just runs like mud. Can't issue any
commands, all new sessions in a Start state. It means killing off
the process from the operating system and restarting the server.
No other changes other than the move from 5.3.0.2.

At first I thought it was ACSLS/tape related, since going to the new
ACSLS driver weird things have been happening in the silo (I let TSM
manage its own scratch tapes, with the new server it can't find them
anymore, even though q libvol shows they exist). However, I have backed
off the ACSLS package back to v5.3.0.2 and the freeze and scratch tape
problem still exist.

Probably not a driver issue since one of the freeze ups happened without
any tapes in use or mounted.

Getting ready to call this in, but checking with the list first...
Thinking about peeling off v5.3.1.0 and going back to v5.3.0.2 at this
point.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University