ADSM-L

Creating DB file on new server

2005-04-07 12:18:34
Subject: Creating DB file on new server
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:18:18 -0400
Good Morning.
I have a new server running TSM 5.2.2 server with AIX 5.2.
I went to create the data base file which I'm planning 130GB.
The logical volume was created for 130GB and was called /dbaa1vpth0 and large
files are turned on.
The command I initially issued was
dsmfmt -m -db /dbaa1vpth0/db 130000
It returned an error that said that the file could not exceed 68234123 or
something close to that.
What finally worked as I went down in size to 65001
dsmfmt -m -db /dbaa1vpth0/db 65001 which is 1/2 of the size I was expecting.
I've read the dsmfmt command(Administrator's reference) and I did not see a
limit.
Is 65001 a limit or when I do the dsmserv command does it double in size for
some reason?
I'm sure it's an obvious question but I'm a little lost of this one.

Have a Great Day,
Eric Jones
> *  eric.j.jones AT lmco DOT com
> *:   607-751-4133