ADSM-L

LAN-free and VMWare ESX server

2005-04-06 14:05:59
Subject: LAN-free and VMWare ESX server
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:05:42 -0400
We have several VMware ESX 2.5 servers running the TSM client to backup the
virtual machine's .DSK file while the virtual machine is
down. Some of these are getting rather large and future VM's will be in excess
of 60GB for a single .DSK file. The BA client works
fine for this, but takes quite a while. Does the storage agent LAN-free
supported on this Linux-like box? We have fibre access as
most of these VM's boot from SAN disk.

Our TSM server right now is 5.2.3.5. I see LANfree for Linux, but no mention of
the VMware ESX version.

Bill Boyer

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" - ??