ADSM-L

Backup Session Failing - Corrupt User Name?

2005-04-04 08:57:25
Subject: Backup Session Failing - Corrupt User Name?
From: "PEEK, CHRISTOPHER" <cpeek AT HCSO.TAMPA.FL DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:56:15 -0400
We have had TSM running fine for several months.  Starting last Thursday, the
backups on one of the clients started to fail.  Nothing has changed recently on
the server or client machines.  Two other clients that are the same as the
failing machine are continuing to work fine.  I have stopped and restarted the
"dsmc sched" process, but the problem continues.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

The error message we are getting in the administrative log is as follows:
  ANR0423W
  Session 3289 for administrator ÿÿÿÿÿUT ( ) refused - administrator name not
registered. (SESSION: 3289)

The TSM server is as follows:
        AIX 5.1 ML 5
        TSM Client 5.2.2.14