ADSM-L

Re: Licensing again

2005-04-04 02:24:41
Subject: Re: Licensing again
From: Paul Fielding <paul AT FIELDING DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:23:20 -0600
Not only that, but even if one wasn't required to license the ba client if
using only the db agent, the next question is, are you *sure* you don't want
to back up any flat files on the box?  Don't forget that a database is more
than the sum of it's data.  There's usually flat file information that
relates back to db configuration, etc.  Frankly, I don't think it's wise to
backup a db without backing up the rest of the system, anyways...

regards,

Paul