ADSM-L

export data

2005-04-01 09:11:05
Subject: export data
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:10:29 -0500
Hello All!

I have created a new TSM environment, but I changed the management class
naming standard.  There is data out on the old system that I want moved to
the new environment since it's supposed to be retained for 7 years.  Is
there a way to export the data directly to the new TSM server and associate
it with a different management class?  How would I get the data from the
old server with the old mc naming standard to the new TSM server with the
new MC names?  Please let me know if anyone has had success in exporting
data and how it was accomplished.  TIA for any advice!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603