ADSM-L

Re: 3590 K series

2005-03-31 13:26:49
Subject: Re: 3590 K series
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:26:05 -0500
Our 3590K tapes have a 10 year warrenty.

>>> Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM 03/30/05 9:58 AM >>>
Anybody out there know how long 3590 K series tapes last ( I assume in
years).  I am trying to figure if our recent batch of tape/drive errors
are
from tape drives and old tapes.  Seem to be older number tapes giving
the
errors,
Would appreciate any knowledge on the subject or direction of where to
find
the knowledge.

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD

                      "Stapleton, Mark"
                      <mark.stapleton@B        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      ERBEE.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/30/2005 09:58
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

(from the Windows Administrator's Guide, page 201)

[When checking in a single volume into an automated library,] a REPLY
command is not required if you specify a wait time of zero using the
optional WAITTIME parameter on the CHECKIN LIBVOLUME command. The
default wait time is 60 minutes.

 Office 262.521.5627