ADSM-L

Integrating ITSM with Iron Mountain's SecureSync

2005-03-31 10:18:28
Subject: Integrating ITSM with Iron Mountain's SecureSync
From: "Johnson, Milton" <milton.johnson AT CITIGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:16:33 -0500
A few questions regarding using Iron Mountain (IM):

1) Is anyone using TSM and IM's SecureSync application?

1A) If so how do you integrate TSM with SecureSync?

2) Since TSM sends tapes to the vault and requests return of vaulted
tapes in a random sequence, does anyone allow their Vault Vendor to sign
that they picked-up a closed container of tapes but not document the
individual tapes in the container until after the container has been
received at their vault?  In other words the vault company says I don't
want my courier to take the time to verify each tape he's picking up,
only that he picked up "something".  After that container arrives at the
vault we'll note what that something was.  This sounds undesirable to me
but I was wondering if anyone followed this practice?

Thanks,
H. Milton Johnson