ADSM-L

Re: Archive very, very slow

2005-03-30 15:46:45
Subject: Re: Archive very, very slow
From: "Galloway, Gary M" <gallowayg AT HEALTHCARE.UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:31:26 -0600
COMMMethod is set to SHAREDMEM  and has been that way from the start.
I'm got tracing turned on now so we will see if that reveals anything.
Here is the summary of our archive from last night.  Network(FIBER)
throughput seems to be ok but the Aggregate is abysmal.  Compression is
also turned off since we aren't going over ethernet and HW compression
is turned on at the tape drive.  We are backing up ~32000 file, some in
the 50-60G range.

Total number of objects inspected:  158,353
Total number of objects archived:    31,927
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects expired:          0
Total number of objects failed:           2
Total number of bytes transferred:    459.45 GB
Data transfer time:                  927.99 sec
Network data transfer rate:        519,159.18 KB/sec
Aggregate data transfer rate:      8,740.44 KB/sec
Objects compressed by:                    0%
Elapsed processing time:           15:18:40

Gary Galloway
Health Care Information Systems
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics