ADSM-L

Re: ANR0209E Page address mismatch detected on recovery log

2005-03-30 07:26:24
Subject: Re: ANR0209E Page address mismatch detected on recovery log
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:25:17 -0500
Anton -

I'm sorry to see you in this situation. The List archives reflect only
two instances of people encountering this in the past, and they posted
no follow-up resolution. I recommend that you contact TSM Support as
your next step.

I rue the day that IBM started encouraging customers to take their TSM
system out of service and run salvage utilities to reorganize the db,
as situations like this inevitably result, particularly as these
utilities are not subject to the same development intensity and
scrutiny as mainline TSM code. This has been a very poor decision on
someone's part in IBM, to foster this kind of risky undertaking in
enterprise sites as though it were a casual, risk-free activity. Some
vendor thinking is just unfathomable.

   Richard Sims    http://people.bu.edu/rbs