ADSM-L

Re: All new tapes I/O errors

2005-03-29 09:58:35
Subject: Re: All new tapes I/O errors
From: Jonathan Kaufman <jkaufman AT FOOTLOCKER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:01:38 -0600
My experience with "new" tapes is that you have to label them first before
you can use them within tsm.

If you have a barcode reader and a library with bulk I/O slots (like I do)
the command would be:

label libv  library_name search=bulk labels=barcode checkin=scr

Which would label all the volumes in the bulk I/O slots using the barcode
reader to aquire their labels and check them in as scratch.

As usual, if this isn't quite your config you can get help within tsm by
using h label libv.

Jonathan Kaufman

Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
03/29/2005 08:32 AM