ADSM-L

Re: Large Linux clients

2005-03-28 18:18:24
Subject: Re: Large Linux clients
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:17:56 -0600
Andrew,

This is a Linux client.  I do not believe that journal backups are
supported under Linux.  As far as I know it is a windows only thing or
at least thats what all the documentation says anyway.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE

Meadows, Andrew wrote:

I would also definitely suggest Journaling after the first incremental
backup completes, that would help negate the slower backups with memory
efficient turned on.