ADSM-L

Re: Backup expiration

2005-03-28 07:29:23
Subject: Re: Backup expiration
From: Yiannakis Vakis <yiannakis.vakis AT ITD.BANKOFCYPRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:31:47 +0300
Nico,
I have done it the other way. I define the number of versions I need and put
NOLIMIT to the retention. This means that even if a file is deleted TSM
keeps the last 3 versions forever.
This may not be the best solution as the TSM DB grows larger and larger. But
at least I'm sure that the files will be there even when deleted. Here's an
example:

Policy Domain Name BOC_DOMAIN_A
Policy Set Name BOC_POLICYSET_A
Mgmt Class Name BOC_MGC_A
Copy Group Name STANDARD
Versions Data Exists 5
Versions Data Deleted 3
Retain Extra Versions NOLIMIT
Retain Only Version NOLIMIT

Call me if you need anything, at 22-848523.
Yiannakis