ADSM-L

Move NodeData and copypools

2005-03-25 11:54:54
Subject: Move NodeData and copypools
From: Cory Heikel <cheikel AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:54:26 -0500
I have 2 copypools, one for high priority DR required nodes, and the
other for everything else. The DR copypool is collocated. Every month or
so, I get a request to move a node into the DR pools. I can use the move
nodedata command to move things between the non-copypools, but I need to
find a way to move data between the two copypools. If I can't get the
data moved for a node from the "regular" copypool into the "dr" copypool
then I have to take about 500 extra tapes when we do our dr testing, and
the multitude of tape mounts required for recovery really slows the
process down.

Does anyone have any idea how this could be accomplished?

Thanks in advance!
cory

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended
for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law.  Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have received this transmission in error, please reply
to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from
your system immediately.