ADSM-L

Re: Library sharing problem (device 3581-2U L28) TSM v. 5.2

2005-03-25 10:10:34
Subject: Re: Library sharing problem (device 3581-2U L28) TSM v. 5.2
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:09:54 -0500
If SCSI is directly attached to only one server and the other cannot see
at all, I don't see how you will make it shared. Both servers must see
any shared drive at OS level. If FC drive on LTO libr is too expensive,
you can take a look at IBM 2108 SAN Data gateway router.

Gus

>>> b.hetmanski AT ATREM DOT PL 03/25/05 8:53 AM >>>
Hello!

I'm trying to set up library sharing among two servers
(named LM and LC) as described in
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Linux: Administrator's Guide
(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/ITSML/GC23-4690-01/en_US/HTML/anrlgd5147.htm).

Device I try to share: LTO 3581 Ultrium 2U tape autoloader library
SCSI attached to LM server only.
(Library:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/storage/support/lto/3581-2u/index.html)

On LC server is storage pools hierarchy that use library.
When I'm trying to force disk storage pool data flush to tape
i get following error:

(on LC server)
ANR8779E Unable to open drive /dev/IBMtape0, error number=2.
ANR8965W  The server is unable to automatically determine
                          the serial number for the device.
ANR8873E The path from source LC to destination
                          DRIVE1 (/dev/IBMtape0) is taken offline.

I realized that the configuration that I'm trying to set up
IS NOT SAN!
The library is attached only to one server (LM server) by SCSI
and LC server does not see library special file /dev/IMBtape0
in own file system.

Is possible to share that type of library among TSM servers
that way?

LM server: Linux/i386
  Server Version 5, Release 2, Level 2.0

LC server: as above