ADSM-L

Devclass type=generictape !!?help

2005-03-25 06:30:09
Subject: Devclass type=generictape !!?help
From: AMHOUCHE Youssef <Youssef.Amhouche AT SOCGEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:31:30 -0000
Hi all

When I define drive in a 3582 library . I get the following :

Tsm> q dr
Library Name     Drive Name       Device Type     On-Line
------------     ------------     -----------     -------------------
3582             RMT1             GENERICTAPE     Yes
3582             RMT2             GENERICTAPE     Yes

But my devtype is defined as LTO in the "define devclass command" as shown
bellow :

Tsm>q devclass
Device       Device        Storage    Device       Format     Est/Max
Mount
Class        Access           Pool    Type                   Capacity
Limit
Name         Strategy        Count                               (MB)
---------    ----------    -------    ---------    ------    --------
------
DISK         Random              3
LTO          Sequential          0    LTO          ULTRI-    204,800.
DRIVES
                                                    UMC             0

What should be done to have "LTO" in device type in "q dr" command

Thank in advance
Ucf.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite
au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential
and intended solely for the addressees.
Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.