ADSM-L

Re: TCP settings for Jumbo frames

2005-03-23 12:16:31
Subject: Re: TCP settings for Jumbo frames
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:16:08 -0700
        We have Jumbo-frames on our TSM/AIX servers set up.

        The first thing that jumps out at me is that you have set your
MTU size to 8990. On our hosts, we set it to 9000. Just curious as to
where you got the 8990 from? Might the jumbo packets be getting
fragmented if the MTU size is not quite large enough?

root:># netstat -ir
Name  Mtu   Network     Address            Ipkts Ierrs    Opkts Oerrs
Coll
en3   9000  link#3      0.4.xx.xx.xx.xx   613019983     0 185530524
2     0
en3   9000  192.18.16   tsmhostX          613019983     0 185530524
2     0

Ben