ADSM-L

postschedulecmd for clients

2005-03-23 09:35:30
Subject: postschedulecmd for clients
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:35:07 -0500
Hi!

A user is trying to setup a postschedule command for their system state
backup and I am a little confused as to why it is not working:

It is a Windows 2003 client at TSM 5.2.2.10 and the postschedulecmd within
the dsm.opt file as follows: postschedulecmd c:\ssbackup.bat

The backup command that I have set up for this particular server is as
follows:

 Policy Domain Name             WINDOWS

 Schedule Name                  WINDOWS-DAILY-INCR

 Description                    Daily Incremental Windows Backups

 Action                         INCREMENTAL

 Objects                        -

 Priority                       5

 Start date                     2005-03-10

 Start time                     23:00:00

 Duration                       1

 Duration units                 HOURS

 Period                         1

 Period units                   DAYS

 Day of Week                    ANY

I noticed within the TSM Backup/Archive client for Windows servers it
references that when using a command string if the admin uses a blank or
null string on the postschedulecmd option, they cannot run a post-schedule
command.

My questions is:  what do I have to do to the above schedule in order for
their postschedulecommand to work?  Any help would be appreciated!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603