ADSM-L

Move Media & DR

2005-03-22 11:31:21
Subject: Move Media & DR
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:30:57 -0500
Hello Everyone!

I have the volume N00043 that I have sent to the vault by using the move
media command.  I will be having a DR test and will be taking the tape(s)
to the DR site.  The volume is read-only and is mountable, but not in the
library.  Will I have to do any updates to the tapes if I want to mount
this tape at our DR site?  I was thinking no, but I just thought I would
ask.  Thanks!

Volume      State                         Location               Automated
LibN
Name                                                             ame

--------    --------------------------    -------------------
---------------
N00043      Mountable not in library      Vital Records, Inc.

              Volume Name: N00043
             Storage Pool Name: TAPE_NDMP_OFFSITE
             Device Class Name: NASDEV
       Estimated Capacity (MB): 515,035.1
       Scaled Capacity Applied:
                      Pct Util: 99.9
                 Volume Status: Filling
                        Access: Read-Only
        Pct. Reclaimable Space: 0.1
               Scratch Volume?: Yes
               In Error State?: No
      Number of Writable Sides: 1
       Number of Times Mounted: 36
             Write Pass Number: 1
     Approx. Date Last Written: 03/18/05 20:53:54
        Approx. Date Last Read: 03/17/05 12:55:14
           Date Became Pending:
        Number of Write Errors: 0
         Number of Read Errors: 0
               Volume Location: Vital Records, Inc.